Appeal for financial help for 3 years old Drishti, who requires bone marrow transplant for blood cancer
Reason for raising funds: Bone marrow transplant treatment is not available in government hospitals other than AIIMS, and there the wait is over 2 years. The expected expense is about 10-12 lakh. Drishti’s parents cannot afford this treatment on their own.
About Drishti: Drishti is a bubbly, chatty toddler who loves to dance to Bollywood music. She was diagnosed with blood cancer (B cell ALL – Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia)earlier and re-confirmed on Nov 5, 2016. She has been undergoing chemotherapy for the last 5 months at Safdarjung Hospital, which has been almost free. The next step in her treatment is bone marrow transplant which is an expense of close to 10 lakh rupees. The bone marrow transplant treatment is not available in Safdarjung Hospital or other government hospitals. The only government hospital that provides this treatment at a partially subsidized cost is AIIMS, but the waiting there is over 2 years. The estimate for the treatment has been provided by Rajiv Gandhi Cancer Hospital.
Drishti’s father is a tennis coach in a condominium in Gurgaon and her mother is a homemaker. They cannot afford this treatment on their own, and are appealing for help to save their daughter.
Fever 104 FM also ran an appeal to help contribute to Drishti’s treatment.
We know you don’t know our daughter, yet you have selflessly helped her in finding life. Our deepest gratitude goes out to you. Thank you!
80G - 50% Benefit - for Indian Taxpayers
After you have made the donation you will receive;
- An email from iCharity acknowledging the receipt of donation along with the 80G certificate of the concerned NGO for tax claiming purpose.
- And after 4-6 months, you will receive feedback with receipt on the donation made which will contain;
- Details of utilization and Beneficiary details;
- Accompanying photograph on a case to case basis;
- Receipt for 80G tax benefit claim.
All the donations made through iCharity are eligible for Tax deductions as follows.
For Indian Tax Payers:
- u/s 80G of the IT Act up to 50% of your donation is deductible
- u/s 35AC of the IT Act (only specified projects) 100% of your donation is deductible from your income
- u/s 35(i)(ii) of the IT Act (only specified projects) 125% of your donation is deductible from your business income, and 100% of your donation is deductible from salary income.