Reason for raising funds: Down syndrome is one of the most common chromosome abnormalities in humans. It is typically associated with physical growth delays, characteristic facial features and mild to moderate intellectual disability. Priyankshu who suffers from this was hospitalized in the ICU with several infection and was put on ventilator and was given specialized treatment. The cost of treatment was Rs 5 lacs.
About Priyankshu: Priyankshu is a lovely boy who dreams to lead a normal & healthy life.
He is diagnosed with Down Syndrome since birth. Being vulnerable to infections, he developed recurrent vomitting and loose stools and difficulty in breathing. However as his condition worsened, doctors intubated him and put him on mechanical ventillator support.
With less than moderate income, Priyankshu’s parents will gratefully appreciate any help.
80G - 50% Benefit - for Indian Taxpayers
After you have made the donation you will receive;
- An email from iCharity acknowledging the receipt of donation along with the 80G certificate of the concerned NGO for tax claiming purpose.
- And after 4-6 months, you will receive feedback with receipt on the donation made which will contain;
- Details of utilization and Beneficiary details;
- Accompanying photograph on a case to case basis;
- Receipt for 80G tax benefit claim.
All the donations made through iCharity are eligible for Tax deductions as follows.
For Indian Tax Payers:
- u/s 80G of the IT Act up to 50% of your donation is deductible
- u/s 35AC of the IT Act (only specified projects) 100% of your donation is deductible from your income
- u/s 35(i)(ii) of the IT Act (only specified projects) 125% of your donation is deductible from your business income, and 100% of your donation is deductible from salary income.