Under its livelihood program, Cheshire Homes aims to improve access to livelihood opportunities for people with disabilities through skill development, quality training and support so as to ensure people are able to obtain work or start a business of their choice. The targeted beneficiaries are adults with disabilities from under privileged section of society.
Objectives of the program
- To identify people with disabilities, train them as per their shortcomings and try to place them such that they lead a life of dignity.
- To build skills for the people with disabilities to meet the requirements of the Industry and also to meet their livelihoods.
- To provide an awareness on disability to the corporate so as to ensure equal opportunities are provided to the persons with disabilities.
- To provide a platform so as to facilitate interface with job seeker and job provider by better matching the needs of both.
- To ensure disabled people have access to career counseling, work placements during their training and are provided with employment .
- Identify of disabled youth in need of employment through career guidance camps,networking or reference and provide counseling and career guidance to make them select the right career.
- Identify their shortcomings and refer to appropriate trainings on employability based skills and soft skills to equip and help them to avail equal employment opportunitie
- Trainings range from IT/ITES/Non IT/Employability trainings/English to soft skills.
- Provision of employment opportunities to the trained candidates through walk-ins/ job fairs/ direct interviews
- Follow up on placed candidates will be done so as to ensure the effectiveness of the training and placements done.
- Computer (IT Training): Duration 3 months. Training will include Basic of computers, MS Word, MS Excel, Typing, using the internet etc.
- Sector specific training: Duration 3 months. Trainings on Hospitality /Retail Management will be provided to candidates based on the individual assessment, observation and interests.
- Need based training: Duration 1 month. Training provided as per the needs of the individual. Training includes quantitative aptitude, logical reasoning, and verbal reasoning.
- Foundation Training /Soft skill trainings: Duration 1 week – 1 month. Provided to all candidates includes English training, soft skills, communication such as replying to email, formatting an email, drafting letters etc.
Costs (pro-rata per training)
|Candidates Assessment and Counselling||Rs.500|
|Computer Training (3 months)||Rs.2800|
|Hospitality Trainings / Retailers training / Vocational training||Rs.2800|
|Developing Communication material and training material (including documentaries and case stories)||Rs.1200|
Your donation of Rs. 5000 will be used to provide employability traning for a needy disabled person as described above.
80G - 50% Benefit - for Indian Taxpayers
After you have made the donation you will receive;
- An email from iCharity acknowledging the receipt of donation along with the 80G certificate of the concerned NGO for tax claiming purpose.
- And after 4-6 months, you will receive feedback with receipt on the donation made which will contain;
- Details of utilization and Beneficiary details;
- Accompanying photograph on a case to case basis;
- Receipt for 80G tax benefit claim.
All the donations made through iCharity are eligible for Tax deductions as follows.
For Indian Tax Payers:
- u/s 80G of the IT Act up to 50% of your donation is deductible
- u/s 35AC of the IT Act (only specified projects) 100% of your donation is deductible from your income
- u/s 35(i)(ii) of the IT Act (only specified projects) 125% of your donation is deductible from your business income, and 100% of your donation is deductible from salary income.