Ensuring availability and distribution of food for tribal, along with the colossal task of protecting individual rights, are still only concepts in many parts of India Rice to Challenge is atleast trying to address former.
Tribal have their own unique culture and balance with natural resources. However, some global economic policies and greed have displaced them from their forest-land-water roots, depriving them of their culture-embedded architecture. The mindless policies have dangerous outcome now.Tribal people are now living in extreme poverty due to lack of education and livelihood opportunities. In the given context, the only option to defeat hunger is to empower local tribal bodies and community-based nutrition programs.
Our NGO, Association for Community Development (ASSCOD) has initiated a project for tribal welfare with the name “Rice to Challenge” to address the hunger related issues of tribal families. There are hundreds of tribal families who are finding it difficult to work to earn food. For them, dreaming big, education etc are not even distant dreams. Under this project, we identify underprivileged and deprived tribal families who are battling hunger everyday. We try to help them by donating 25 kgs of good quality rice to each identified family for 6 months. Simultaneously, we are trying to enroll women of these rural, tribal and poor families in Self Help Group (SHG) fold. The idea of SHG enrollment is to make these women self-sufficient. Through sustained livelihood programs and skill development, we hope to empower them not only to feed their families but also dream big for their and their children’s future.
The cost of 25kgs rice is approximately Rs 1250 (@Rs 50 kg when purchase in bulk) per family. Rice to Challenge is not only a project of feeding hungry and poor tribal but also a gateway to thing big, empowerment and support other tribal.
80G - 50% Benefit - for Indian Taxpayers
After you have made the donation you will receive;
- An email from iCharity acknowledging the receipt of donation along with the 80G certificate of the concerned NGO for tax claiming purpose.
- And after 4-6 months, you will receive feedback with receipt on the donation made which will contain;
- Details of utilization and Beneficiary details;
- Accompanying photograph on a case to case basis;
- Receipt for 80G tax benefit claim.
All the donations made through iCharity are eligible for Tax deductions as follows.
For Indian Tax Payers:
- u/s 80G of the IT Act up to 50% of your donation is deductible
- u/s 35AC of the IT Act (only specified projects) 100% of your donation is deductible from your income
- u/s 35(i)(ii) of the IT Act (only specified projects) 125% of your donation is deductible from your business income, and 100% of your donation is deductible from salary income.