As a part of project Azaad among women and children, Sahaara Charitable Society provides the following interventions for women prisoners and their children,
- Pre-primary education for children of women prisoners
- Computer training for women prisoners constitutes of a six month for 20 women at a time wherein the basics of computers and usage of Microsoft Word, Excel and Power point are taught.
- Legal Aid for under trail women prisoners with voluntary assistance from lawyers helps out in contacting and interacting with various statutory authorities to ensure that the paperwork for release is completed and the prisoners are released.
- Medical camps are organized focusing on dental, skin and eye problems.
- Rehabilitation Facility for women ex-prisoners to provide a safe haven to the women ex-prisoners from different geographical, social and ethnic backgrounds to start their life afresh. Assistance is also provided to the women ex-prisoners enable them to acquire jobs and become independent.
Your donation of Rs 5000 /- will be used for provision of computer education to a prison inmate . It is a six month course covering the basics of computers and office tools such as word, excel etc.
80G - 50% Benefit - for Indian Taxpayers
After you have made the donation you will receive;
- An email from iCharity acknowledging the receipt of donation along with the 80G certificate of the concerned NGO for tax claiming purpose.
- And after 4-6 months, you will receive feedback with receipt on the donation made which will contain;
- Details of utilization and Beneficiary details;
- Accompanying photograph on a case to case basis;
- Receipt for 80G tax benefit claim.
All the donations made through iCharity are eligible for Tax deductions as follows.
For Indian Tax Payers:
- u/s 80G of the IT Act up to 50% of your donation is deductible
- u/s 35AC of the IT Act (only specified projects) 100% of your donation is deductible from your income
- u/s 35(i)(ii) of the IT Act (only specified projects) 125% of your donation is deductible from your business income, and 100% of your donation is deductible from salary income.