Janaseva Foundation Eye Hospital located at Ambi Ranwadi, Taluka Velhe, Panshet Road, District Pune performs free cataract operations to poor and needy individuals. Eye surgeries using Laser, Phaco are also performed here. Free eye camps are conducted at various places in rural and urban areas in various talukas near Pune. Those diagnosed with surgeries are brought by Janaseva owned vehicles to the hospital and after performing surgeries they are given medicines and goggles/eye glasses and after a days hospitalization are sent back to their place. District Blindness Control Society, Govt. of Maharashtra has recognized the hospital. Approx. 1200 free cataract surgeries are performed every year.
Cost per surgery Rs. 2000
Aid given by District Blindness Control Society Rs. 1000
Balance = Rs. 1000
The donation amount of Rs. 1000 will be used for surgery, medicines and goggles/eye glasses for a poor elderly person.
80G - 50% Benefit - for Indian Taxpayers
After you have made the donation you will receive;
- An email from iCharity acknowledging the receipt of donation along with the 80G certificate of the concerned NGO for tax claiming purpose.
- And after 4-6 months, you will receive feedback with receipt on the donation made which will contain;
- Details of utilization and Beneficiary details;
- Accompanying photograph on a case to case basis;
- Receipt for 80G tax benefit claim.
All the donations made through iCharity are eligible for Tax deductions as follows.
For Indian Tax Payers:
- u/s 80G of the IT Act up to 50% of your donation is deductible
- u/s 35AC of the IT Act (only specified projects) 100% of your donation is deductible from your income
- u/s 35(i)(ii) of the IT Act (only specified projects) 125% of your donation is deductible from your business income, and 100% of your donation is deductible from salary income.