Association for Sustainable Community Development (ASSCOD’s) vision is to facilitate economic development in rural India living by providing access to good education and health care. ASSCOD targets groups among lower caste families who are living below the poverty line, these are mainly in the rural areas of Cheyyar and Vandavasi Blocks in Tamilnadu.
The Tribal people known as irulas have been living in isolated places of interior villages of Kancheepuram and Thiruvannamalai Districts have no access to basic amenities such as safe drinking water, shelter, clothing and health care facilities. ASSCOD is making sincere efforts to address those issues and improve the quality of lives of tribal people.
During last year, with the financial support from generous sponsors, ASSCOD supported 24 tribal families to get the basic domestic articles such as stove, cooking vessels, bed materials and bathing vessels. This assistance enabled them to cook hygienically and keep their food safely.
Your donation of Rs 1600/- will be used for purchasing bed materials and cooking utensils for one tribal family.
Cost Break Up of ONE UNIT:
|S No||Item||Amount in Rs|
|1||Bed Materials like Mat,Pillow,Blanket||375|
|2||Cooking Vessels like Stove, Alminium vessels to cook rice,Plastic Buckets||650|
|3||Plastic container to keep Paddy and Rice||350|
|4||Plastic jars and bottles to keep groceries||175|
|5||Feeb back cost||50|
80G - 50% Benefit - for Indian Taxpayers
After you have made the donation you will receive;
- An email from iCharity acknowledging the receipt of donation along with the 80G certificate of the concerned NGO for tax claiming purpose.
- And after 4-6 months, you will receive feedback with receipt on the donation made which will contain;
- Details of utilization and Beneficiary details;
- Accompanying photograph on a case to case basis;
- Receipt for 80G tax benefit claim.
All the donations made through iCharity are eligible for Tax deductions as follows.
For Indian Tax Payers:
- u/s 80G of the IT Act up to 50% of your donation is deductible
- u/s 35AC of the IT Act (only specified projects) 100% of your donation is deductible from your income
- u/s 35(i)(ii) of the IT Act (only specified projects) 125% of your donation is deductible from your business income, and 100% of your donation is deductible from salary income.