Children living in slums are belonging to most back ward communities. Illiteracy rate is high among the elders who mainly work as rag pickers, street cleaners, sweepers, housemaids and laborers. Even children are sent for rag picking and labor work. It leads regular absenteeism, dropout and turns as a child labour. CRASA has set up Supplementary Education Centers in the slums. The timings of the centers are 4 pm to 6 pm. A local teacher is employed who hails from the same slum. His role is to gather children and revise the lessons learnt on that day at school. He supports the children in doing homework and conducts tests at regular intervals. He facilitates the children to have an exposure visit to any of the place like post office, park, exhibition etc.
Children are regular to school because the fear is removed from their minds like teacher may scold if home work is not completed. Children are up to date with the syllabus, which enables children to face the exams confidently. Children are now having knowledge on the Government services and other services available in the towns.
Your donation of Rs 3400 will be used for conducing bridge classes (supplementary education centers) for 15 children for a month. The costs are as follows,
- Teacher salary -Rs. 1500
- TLM materials -Rs. 500
- Children hygiene -Rs. 400
- One exposure visit -Rs. 1000
80G - 50% Benefit - for Indian Taxpayers
After you have made the donation you will receive;
- An email from iCharity acknowledging the receipt of donation along with the 80G certificate of the concerned NGO for tax claiming purpose.
- And after 4-6 months, you will receive feedback with receipt on the donation made which will contain;
- Details of utilization and Beneficiary details;
- Accompanying photograph on a case to case basis;
- Receipt for 80G tax benefit claim.
All the donations made through iCharity are eligible for Tax deductions as follows.
For Indian Tax Payers:
- u/s 80G of the IT Act up to 50% of your donation is deductible
- u/s 35AC of the IT Act (only specified projects) 100% of your donation is deductible from your income
- u/s 35(i)(ii) of the IT Act (only specified projects) 125% of your donation is deductible from your business income, and 100% of your donation is deductible from salary income.