Marathwada Gramin Vikas Sanstha (MGVS)
About the organization
Marathwada Gramin Vikas Sanstha (MGVS) initiated its work in Aurangabad District of Maharashtra state in 1995-96 which is one of the most backward districts in Marathwada region. The vision of the organization is to strengthen the grassroots initiatives for socio economic upliftment of economically downtrodden, rural, slum women, children and youth through promoting community based development programme in the field of health, education, environment, water, sanitation and women empowerment.
The head of the organisation Mr Appasaheb Ugale hails from a small village in Vaijapur Taluka of Aurangabad Dist. He has completed his diploma in mechanical engineering. While working with a Reputed NGO in Aurangabad, Maharashtra, he was moved to think about the most backward villages of Aurangabad District and determined to serve the down trodden of these backward areas. He believes that by struggling alongside the poor and motivating them to take their own initiatives will bring true development.
MGVS believes in Community Driven Development (CDD) Approach in its programmes. Through this CDD Approach, local communities are encouraged to participate in every stage of project cycle such as planning, implantation, monitoring evaluation and sustainability. MGVS has been working to improve the reproductive and child health status of rural poor by reduction of maternal mortality, morbidity, totality and STD rate through community based intervention. MGVS is working in health and education also working in rural water supply and sanitation for achieving following objectives.
- Take Action for Prevention and Control of STD / HIV/AIDS among Female Sex Workers (FSW) and vulnerable population in Aurangabad District of Maharashtra State
- To Improve the Reproductive Health status of women (age 15 to 49 years) by reduction of maternal mortality, morbidity, totality and STI / RTI, rate in the targeted population of Gangapur block of Aurangabad District through community based intervention .
- To create awareness and provide training on organic farming among the rural farmers of Aurangabad District.
- To create awareness and build capacity of village community to take up the issue of Drinking water and sanitation of their own village and solve by their involvement and contribution towards maintenance and sustainability
- To provide day care and education services for the street children who are left out during day time as their mothers go for daily wages.
- To create awareness and build capacity of rural , women groups and as will as Community Based Organization
Please click here to view the annual report of MGVS for the year 2011-12
|Sr.No.||Name||Age||Sex||Education||Designation in the committee||Occupation||Years of membership|
|1.||Mr. Mansukh Manakchand Zambad||62||Male||B.A.||President||Farmer||1996|
|2.||Mr.. Popatrao Dasharath Patil||60||Male||B.A.||Vice-President||Farmer||1996|
|3.||Mr. Appasaheb Janardhan Ugale||35||Male||DME||Secretary||Social Worker||1996|
|4.||Mr. Shivaji Bhaurao Aware||45||Male||B.A.||Joint Secretary||Farmer||1996|
|5.||Ms. Sunita Girijinath Shejul||32||Female||HSC||Treasurer||Farmer||2003|
|6.||Mrs. Alka Kishor Patil||30||Female||HSC||Trustee||Farmer||1996|
|7.||Mr. Bhausaheb Karbhari Gunjal||48||Male||B.Com, Masters in rural Development||Trustee||Masters in rural Development||2003|
Marathwada Gramin Vikas Sanstha (MGVS)
No 2, Behind MBC Building, Opp. Raviraj Hotel,
Adalat Road, Aurangabad,
Maharashtra, Pin- 431001
Contact Person: Appasaheb Ugale, Project Director
Phone: (0240) 2341411
Mobile: 09423147204, 7798530094
Showing all 5 results
For supporting a permanent shelter for HIV infected orphans and community health centre for rural poor₹5,000.00 by Marathwada Gramin Vikas Sanstha (MGVS) Donate Now
Sponsor a Solar street light set for HIV+ve Orphan Home and Community Health Center₹10,000.00 by Marathwada Gramin Vikas Sanstha (MGVS) Donate Now
Sponsor Canteen / kitchen equipment set for HIV +ve Orphan Home and Community Health Center₹100,000.00 by Marathwada Gramin Vikas Sanstha (MGVS) Donate Now
Yearly support for an orphaned vulnerable HIV+ve child undergoing ART₹7,800.00 by Marathwada Gramin Vikas Sanstha (MGVS) Donate Now
Yearly support for an orphaned vulnerable HIV+ve child undergoing ART treatment₹7,800.00 by Marathwada Gramin Vikas Sanstha (MGVS) Donate Now