About the organization
The word “Mouli” is used for Mother Care and Love in Maharashtra. Mauli Multipurpose charitable society (MMCS) is an initiate of Dr. Sangita Yadav (Gynecologist) & Dr. Ashok Yadav (Physician). Based at Karad, Maharashtra, MMCS has been providing Anti natal Care/Post Natal Care services since 2005 in the remotes of Satara district. From 2012 onwards, MMCS has initiated screening of cervical cancer for rural women and have been able to save saving thousands of lives by early detection of it. Valuing live is our top priority and all the initiatives of MMCS are intended to strengthen this priority
1.Rural Mobile Outreach Programme , Since 2005 :
Mauli Multipurpose Charitable Society organizes medical camps around villages of Satara district. MMCS’s charitable hospital bases in Karad block and MMCS serves extends to more than 219 villages in Karad block. Through these medical camps, preventive, curative and rehabilitative services are being provided under following areas:
- Non communicable diseases (Cancer, Arthritis, Heart Attack)
- Osteoporosis Detection Camp for bone density check-up
- Typhoid Vaccination Camp for children between 2 years and 12 years.
- Gynecological issues checkup and Medical Camp
- Benign Prostatic Hypertrophy (Prostate) Medical Camp
- Benign Prostatic Hypertrophy (Urology) Medical camp.
- Anti natal /Post Natal Care services
- Urine Flow Study checkup camp for Women
- To build awareness towards an accountable formal existing health system.
2. Anemia Detection Programme:
Anaemia is a major killer in India. Statistics reveal that every second Indian woman is anaemic and one in every five maternal deaths is directly due to anaemia. Anaemia spares none; it affects both adults and children of both sexes, although pregnant women and adolescent girls are most susceptible and most affected by this disease. Interventions by MMCS include:
- Early detection RMOP camps at villages
- Coordination with government services to prevent this community challenge.
- Regular follow-ups with identified patients
- Distribute all possible medication to patients.
3. Community Health Awareness Programmes:
MMCS conducts free education and awareness programmes for rural community on the following topics within the Karad block
- Diabetes awareness programmes on the 4th Friday of each month in relevant Villages.
- Pediatric Asthma programmes
- Awareness on Hypertension issues
- Awareness on Urinary Stones
- Awareness on Menopause
“Empower the Health Care Capacity of Rural India”
To strengthen the health care facilities in rural India by engaging village volunteers, Medical & Para Medical Professional and Trained Social Work Professional.
Our primary target group is Women and children as they are mostly affected by health hazard.
Legal Identity of the Organization
Mauli Multipurpose Charitable Society is registered as a Society under Societies Registration act, 1860 and as a Trust under Bombay Public Trust act, 1950.
mah/745/Sangli, Dated: 9-12-05
F. No.: 11050/ sangli
FCRA no.: 083960086
80 G no.: 107-08/1484
At Mauli Hospital, Miss Swapnali Shashikant Mohite, a 20 year old female has been operated on 30/04/2014 for FIBROADENOMA OF Breast. This difficult surgery was performed by Dr. Mrs. Sangita Ashok yadav.
This operation was done at 50% concession rate and the expenses were bore by Mauli Multipurpose Charitable Society, Nerle, tal-walva dist-sangli.
Mrs. Manisha. Jagannath. Pawar has been operated for fibroid Uterus on 20/11/2012 by Dr. Sangita. Ashok.Yadav at Mauli Hospital, Karad. She has given two bottles of whole blood. This major surgery has been assisted by Dr. Vinay. Bahulekar, Dr. Vinayak Vasant Pathak and Dr. Ashok. B. Yadav. The 50 % of the expenses of the surgery has been beard by Mauli Multipurpose Charitable Society, Karad. All the staff members from MAULI HOSPITAL were helped to success this major surgery.