This report analyzes individual giving in Europe, the United States, Asia and the Middle East based on the BNP Paribas Individual Philanthropy Index by Forbes Insights, which is geared toward the measurement of replicable, sustainable and efficient philanthropy. The data for the Index is derived from a survey of some 400 individuals—divided equally among the four regions and with at least $5 million in investable assets—conducted by Forbes Insights from October to December 2014.
Key Highlights of the report
- The large number of causes and philanthropic organizations create tough choices for philanthropists.
- “Sense of duty” and “altruistic desire” are the top motivations for philanthropy worldwide (52%).
- “Health” is once again the top cause for all regions (65%).
- A majority of respondents (67%) believe that advisors are necessary to most effectively navigate the giving sector.
- “Impact/mission investing” is seen as the most promising trend by most philanthropists (52%) worldwide.
- “Promotion via social media” (42%), “crowd evaluation” (42%) and “crowdfunding/online fundraising platforms”(41%), are currently the top uses of technology in philanthropy.
Read the full report : BNP Paribas World Philanthropy Index 2015