Charities Aid Foundation (CAF), India releases India Giving Index every year to provide insights into the nature of giving across India. For the current report, CAF India has interviewed more than 9000 individuals across 20 cities in India.
Key Findings 2012 report
- Over four-fifths of the public had donated money in some form in the previous one year.
- The majority of the public had given money to both organisations and individuals but giving to individuals was more common than giving to charities.
- Most donors gave for both religious and charitable reasons.
- The smaller the city, the more chance there was of people giving gifts in kind, but the less chance there was of finding volunteers.
- There were significant differences in how the public donated money across the four regions
Click here to read the complete report